Nursery Education Funding
Funding for 3/4 year olds
Your child is funded from the term AFTER their 3rd birthday. They are entitled to 15 hours funding per week. Any hours over the 15 hour entitlement that your child attends pre-school are charged at the rates listed to the right. You will be asked to complete a funding form once your child has been offered a place to receive the free entitlement and provide a copy of your child's birth certificate. These must be returned as soon as possible, otherwise your free entitlement could be delayed and you will be required to pay.
Funding for 2 year olds
From 1 April 2014, Southampton City Council is able to offer eligible two year olds up to 570 hours of early education per year over a minimum of 38 weeks from the term after your child's second birthday. This means the maximum you can take in one week is 15 hours, or you may wish to 'stretch' this funding i.e. your child has fewer hours a week so they can attend the setting during our additional weeks (holiday club). This funding will continue until your child is able to claim their three year old place, available for all children.
To qualify, the Government states that the parent/carer must be in meet certain criteria.
The full eligibility criteria is as follows:
For most children it is the same as for free school meals.
Your child is eligible if you are a parent/carer in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week
You can check your child's eligibility for the above criteria online at www.southampton.gov.uk
Fees (where applicable)
Over 15 hours or before eligable for funded hours:
£15 per session (3 hours) for all aged children.
- Fees should be paid promptly and IN ADVANCE
- You can pay by cash, cheque, BACS or childcare vouchers
- ALL Absences must be paid for
- If you fall into arrears your child's place at pre-school will be at risk
- If you wish to reduce your child's sessions we require at least 4 weeks notice
If you would like your child to attend our holiday club (running an additional 6 weeks of the year) there is an additional charge unless you choose to 'stretch' your child's nursery education funding.
We often run special promotions for our holiday club, please see the Holiday club page for more information.
Please note the holiday club only operates from our Hollybrook site.